29 November, 2018

A Poem for the Lonely

Alone I wait the day gone by,
Sunlight has disappeared into the sky.
Hour by hour the day ticked on,
Time lost forever minutes have gone.

I've waited here the whole day through,
I sat here waiting wishing for you.
You said you'd come you gave me your word,
But I've slipped your mind thoughts gone like a bird.

Wishing waiting clock tick tock,
My ear waiting for the door to knock.
Could it be you come after so long,
Sings in my heart a hopeful song.

I rush to the door the bolt unfurl,
The late afternoon sun shines like a pearl.
Be ye here my long awaited love,
Shall I feel your embrace like the wings of a dove?

But alas it isn't you,
From love you have truly flew.
Never again shall I see your face,
Over the land you I will not chase.

So back again to my quiet place,
Nothing to fill me but empty space.
Gone you are and with you my grace,
Forever gone forget thy face.

Alone again the sunlight darkens,
The night bird sings and the owl harkens.
Set my heart upon night's hill,
Here I stay silent dark and still.


FYI, I didn't write this post because I feel this way. I am not lonely or depressed.  I just got the idea and thought there might be some people who would like to read it.

No comments: