24 August, 2018

Sunrise Morning

Sunrise morning oh so fair,
Shimmer lightly on my hair.
Morning dew at last slips away,
Moonlight's fingers linger into day.

Morning sweet and quite divine,
I sit with my feet dipped in sunshine.
It's quite early on this day,
Nighttime lingers but cannot stay.

Light is sprinkled over hills,
Peeking and sparkling on the sills.
Lovely and bright this shimmering stream,
It stitches the morning together as a seam.

Mornings like this I like to think,
Letting my mind in the sun sink.
Mornings of quiet air,
Days to sit with hardly a care.

Quiet so the morning moves,
Worry and fright the sunshine removes.
Pretty and soft the sunlight dances,
Waning quickly as day advances.

Sigh so soft is hardly heard,
Whistling softly like a bird.
Day's begun and so must I,
Quiet's gone I've let it fly.

Morning sunshine I'll return,
Days like this my heart does yearn.
Time's gone by and morning too,
The skies golden faded to blue.


*****
Photo Credit: artvolegov.ru

No comments: