20 August, 2018

Butterfly Wings

Butterfly wings pink and blue,
Butterfly wings just for you.
Pretty and silver bought brand new,
Shiny reflecting of the morning dew.

Butterfly wings make me sad,
Butterfly wings are special to be had.
Never before have I seen them shine so,
Radiant and pretty with youth's faraway glow.

Long ago in days gone by,
I liked to sit on the grass and watch the birds fly.
Lofty they went swooping, soaring,
Grazing the sun let loose from their moorings.

Childhood dreams dance inside my head,
Thoughts of summer days dance above my bed.
Long they've been gone always away,
Drifting and dimming like a cool day.

Butterfly wings pink and blue,
Butterfly wings just for you.
Reminders of my youth gone by,
The days of carefree winsome sigh.

Days of adulthood lay ahead,
Times unknown wait for me instead.
My days of childhood over and done,
I remember the time and, oh, the fun.

Need not despair time's not gone,
New times come like morning dawn.
Adventure awaits with life to come,
Time to sing and time to hum.

Here we go adulthood awaits,
We walk through together its shiny gates.
But always remember never forget,
Butterfly wings will shine ever yet.

No comments: