16 August, 2018

Thunder Soul

Fly away my soul like midnight thunder,
Blown to bits and ripped asunder.
Fly with the wind on its melancholy way,
Float past the rays of the sun going down today.

Darkness flies on wings like ravens,
Fireflies dance in the windswept havens.
Nothing's left of the day I once knew,
Love's gone away like the mid-morning dew.

Deep and low rolls my heart's thunder,
Its pain rolls over sky and under.
It rips through the soul painful and hard,
Leaving red hot lightning of a heart scarred.

Fly away from here forevermore,
Forever closed off love's heart and its door.
Pain and sorrow evermore everlasting,
A joy gone out for my heart is fasting.

Joy come back someday soon,
Burst open like the bright afternoon.
I wait for it now ever ready,
Listening for soul thunder low and steady.




No comments: