01 September, 2020

The Flowering Sea

Dandelions and hollyhocks wave in the sun,
A cheerful sunrise signals that the day has begun.
A winsome breeze is on the air,
Carrying flower blossoms and petals through my hair.

I stand alone on a faraway hill,
Far beyond town and beyond the mill.
This is where the wild free flowers grow,
With no man to tend them and one woman to sow. 

Beyond the reach of sinful man,
These flowers always grow according to God's plan.
Untarnished by anger or hurt or greed,
This is the place where my soul is freed. 

Dandelions know nothing of the world beyond,
Nor do roses with human sin bond.
Purer than starlight and clean as the sky,
The flowers live while the world passes by. 

If I could stay here forever I would always be, 
Happy and free amidst the growing flower sea.
Away from the world and pain of its wrath,
Free to exist and create my own path. 

The world may one day find its way,
Abandon sin a return to child's play.
Tired of malice and greed and the dark,
My eternal prayer and a hope-filled spark.

But until that day this is where I'll remain,
Bathed in sunlight and singing in the rain.
I can think of no other place I'd rather be,
Than here in the beauty of a flowering sea.



Photo Credit: Pinterest 

No comments: