06 April, 2019

Adventure

The wind slowly rises swept at my feet,
I've got places to go and new people to meet.
I'm off on an adventure no telling where to,
Suitcase in hand off to the wild blue.

Adventure awaits me on every shore,
New things to see behind every door.
Mystery wonder all of them mixed,
See them I must by beauty transfixed.

Oh what a world to hold such a wonder,
Travel through it I will in rain and thunder.
Singing my song rising through pain,
Watching the sun on the hilltops wane.

Look down the road you can see me walk by,
Adventure is waiting my eyes to the sky.
One step at a time dust at my feet,
Horizon-bound the air sunny and sweet.

I've dreamed for so long about seeing the world,
Now a path stretches before me forever unfurled.
Onwards to adventure wonder and fun,
On up the road towards the rising sun.

Boots on my feet suitcase in hand,
Off to see a world far and quite grand.
Sea to sea sky to sky,
I'm off on adventure with wings to fly.


Photo Credit: windowofheavenacupuncture.com

No comments: