06 September, 2018

Sunflower Man

Once upon a time they say,
Bright and sunny autumn day.
Row by row they stood so high,
Golden sunflowers reaching the sky.

Pretty yellow with sweet galore,
Stretching on he planted more.
The sunflower man so sweet and dear,
Whistled tunes to the birds he did hear.

Kind he was his eyes said so,
His singing high and his laughter low.
He loved all things no matter beauty be,
He loved children and he loved me.

On he'd go one step more,
Scattering seeds creating a flower floor.
Bright his flowers seemed to be,
Endless happiness without a fee.

His garden joyous and sweet forever,
Leaven the flowers he never did never.
Sit he would in flowers of gold,
Planting new ones and saving old.

The sunflower man taught me many things,
How to sing and how to use my wings.
A smile on his dear dear face,
Walking beside me keeping pace.

Together we are one, two and the same,
Wandering wild the day we did claim.
On we go hand in hand,
Spreading flower throughout the land.

My sunflower man forever dear,
Smiling laughing always here.
Flowers bloom where he's been,
Sunflower pretty bright colors spin.

*****
I would like to dedicate this poem to my Dad. He's the most wonderful man I know; he's always been there for me and he's as taught me so much in my life. He touches the lives of everyone he knows and leaves little sunflowers in everyone's hearts. He truly is a sunflower man.

No comments: