19 June, 2018

Summer Song - A Poem

Summer weather sticky and hot,
I feel the warm wind as I lay on my cot.
The days are long and full of heat,
The nights are longer when I'm sweating on my sheet.

In the morning the sun comes up,
And the humindity begins to pick up.
Everyone knows what lies ahead,
Another sticky day when you wish you were dead.

I remember fondly a time that was cold,
Seemingly long ago in days of old.
When the sun didn't hang misty in the sky,
When not a mirage did I spy.

But summer's here and so is the heat;
We must muscle through it with defeat.
It's never easy during this season,
To find coolness within reason.

But summer's pretty and lovely too;
There are so many things to do.
Only in summer can you enjoy yourself so,
When the work of before we can forgo.

Summer may be hot and dreary,
But summer is also quite cheery.
It's nice to have time to relax,
Time to catch up on reading paperbacks.

So enjoy the summer though it may be hot,
Spend time showing the beach what you've got.
Summer days are warm and long,
The perfect time for a summer song.

No comments: