22 October, 2019

Heart's Desire

Once long ago in a dream did I see,
My heart's deepest desire coming to me.
A hope I had hoped for a simple thought,
A destiny I wanted and would have for fought.

Destiny calls at such an odd hour,
Calling from the seas or upon a tower.
Whispering softy calling on the breeze,
Calming me gently to my knees.

From faraway I saw it come,
I heard its whisper heard its hum.
Like a child it wandered oh so near,
For its candor I had waited to hear.

At first it looked just as I'd dreamed,
Beautiful and starlit with sliver seams.
Crafted by longing so long I had hoped,
This dream's desire with my imagination coped.

I went to it willingly only to see,
Perhaps it was not all that it could be.
Warped in some places sadness lurked near,
This dream this desire held certain fear.

The beauty that had once drawn now cast away,
My heart whispered a warning I mustn't stay.
Perhaps I had imagined it for so long,
Reality could never measure up to its song.

I had wanted this dream for ever so long,
Then how and why could it turn out so wrong.
My mind pondered this as I turned away,
I turned my eyes to a brand new day.

Perhaps what we hope for is never to be,
It can never escape the mind's eye and its glee.
Onward we go maybe we must all find,
A new dream of our own created kind.


Photo Credit: Pinterest (Drawing)

No comments: