23 September, 2019

When Autumn Comes

Winter summer spring and fall,
There are times I love them all.
Each so sweet and oh so fair,
All have something for which I care.

Summer brings the warmth of sun,
It brings around the misty fun.
Hazy and lazy sour sweet,
Bright summer sun warming my feet.

Spring and winter one and the same,
Yet so different you know they came.
Sliver and white flowers and gold,
Both are a beauty to behold

But there is one that's better than most,
One that I love from coast to coast.
My sweet little season autumn my dear,
I'm very glad to have you here.

You've been away for so long,
I've waited for you with a song.
Waited for your presence and crispy chill,
I've been hoping on the hill.

You're back again with falling leaves,
To rake them up I roll up my sleeves.
Gold and orange yellow and red,
Pretty colors fall on my head.

When autumn comes it sets things right,
It takes the earth and makes it bright.
Leaves and pumpkins cider and home,
In this beauty you're never alone.

Calm and quiet watching wait,
There's a tranquility in this fate,
It comes around but once a year,
But in that time remain here.

Autumn autumn here you are,
Golden sunlight from afar.
Time for jackets and scarves to wear,
Fall's here and none compare.



Photo Credit: Pinterest

No comments: